WE OWN THE NIGHT
NIKE INDIA'S FIRST AFTER DARK 4K COLLEGE RACE.
AT MOOD INDIGO 2013
IIT BOMBAY CAMPUS | DECEMBER 21, 2013
GATES OPEN 4.30pm to 5:30pm
For more details, call +91 9870567425
Or contact your college contingent leader.
NIKE+ RUN CLUB TRAINING
What you need to know to start a run
When the pride of your college is at stake, you know you have to give it your all.
Start training now and conquer the Nike Outrun.
Get running with Nike+ Run Club Coach, Melwyn Crasto. Ask the Coach all your fitness and training questions to be in your best shape for the Nike Outrun at Mood Indigo 2013!
Ask The Coach About the Coach
Training Calendar for the Nike Outrun 4K
Runners are required to be able to jog at least 6 mins before beginning this program.
- Week 1
- Week 2
Body Weight Strength training**
40 mins; 8 x (R4 - W1)* - followed by walk for 45
40 mins; 8 x (R4 - W1)*
40 mins; 8 x (R4 - W1)*
Body Weight Strength training**
Jog 40 mins
Jog 40 mins
Jog 40 mins
*R4 - W1 : Run for 4 min and Walk for 1 min
Rest: Make sure you rest completely on the days indicated so that you allow your body to recover.
**Body Weight Strength training :
TYPE OF EXERCISE
No. of reps/distance
|1||HIGH KNEE SKIPS||10m - to & fro|
|2||HIGH KNEE RUN||10m each leg|
|3||LATERAL SHUFFLES||10m - to & fro|
|4||SALSA TWIST (carioca step)||10m - to & fro|
|5||WALKING LUNGE||6 EACH LEG|
|6||SQUAT, THRUST & JUMP||10|
|7||ONE LEG CALF RAISES||10 EACH LEG|
|8||ONE LEG SQUATS||3 TO 5|
|9||PUSH UPS||5 TO 10|
|14||CRUNCHES||8 TO 10|
|16||MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS||10 EACH LEG|
POINTS STRUCTURE - Mood Indigo 2013
No of Runners per College
|For Every Student Who Registers But Does Not Turn Up||-0.5||N/A|
NO SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED!
|1st place||150 points|
|2nd place||120 points|
|3rd place||100 points|
Terms and Conditions for Mood Indigo 2013
1. I have fully understood the risk and responsibility of me/my ward participating in the NIKE OUTRUN or any event outlined in this application (collectively "the event") and fully acknowledge that I/my ward will be participating in the event entirely at my/his/her sole risk and responsibility.
2. I have been fully informed of and understand all the risks involved in participating in a course event, even if the course may be regulated/policed.
3. I understand and acknowledge that I/my ward must be trained to an appropriate level of fitness to participate in such a physically demanding event and confirm that I/my ward have done so and obtained a medical clearance from a registered medical practitioner, allowing me/my ward to participate in the event/s.
4. I, for myself/ourselves and my/our legal representatives, waive all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all sponsors of the/any event, Mumbai city, all political entities, authorities and officials, all contractors and construction firm working on or near the course, all NIKE OUTRUN committee person, officials, volunteers, Wizcraft International Entertainment (P) Limited and all other person and entities associated with the event and the directors, employees, agents and representatives of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims, costs, demands or expenses of whatever nature that might result from me/my ward participating in the event and whether on account of my /my ward's illness, injury, death or otherwise.
5. I agree that if I am/my ward is injured or taken ill or otherwise suffer/s any detriment whatsoever, I hereby irrevocably authorize the event officials and organizers to, at my/our risk and cost, transport me/my ward to a medical facility and/or to administer emergency medical treatment and I/my ward waive/s all claims that might result from such transport and/or treatment or delay or deficiency therein. I shall pay or reimburse to you my/my ward's medical and emergency expenses and I/my ward hereby authorize/s you to incur the same.
6. I shall provide to race officials such medical data relating to me/my ward as they may request. I agree that nothing herein shall oblige the event officials or organizers or any other person to incur any expense or to provide any transport or treatment.
7. In case of any illness or injury caused to me/my ward or death suffered by me/my ward due to any force majeure event including but not limited to fire, riots or other civil disturbances, earthquakes, storms, typhoons or any terrorist act, I will not hold responsible or liable, any of the sponsors of the event or any political entity or authorities and officials or any contractor or construction firms working near the course, or any of the NIKE OUTRUN committee persons, Wizcraft International Entertainment (P) Limited or any persons or entities associated with the event or the directors, employees, agents or representatives of all or any of the aforementioned, for such illness, injury or death.
8. I/my ward understand, agree and irrevocably permit Wizcraft International Entertainment (P) Limited and Nike to share the information given by me/my ward in this application, with all/any entities associated with NIKE OUTRUN, at its own discretion. I understand that Wizcraft International Entertainment (P) Limited and Nike shall deal with all personally identifiable information provided to it with such caution and confidentiality as is required by them under the Information Technology Act, 2000.
9. I understand that my/my ward's personal belongings will be at my/my ward's personal risk and the organizers will not be held responsible for any loss of belongings during or after the race either along the event course, the venue or elsewhere.
10. In consideration of participating in this event, I irrevocably assign all rights to and permit the organizers, including Nike to use any and all photography and videography taken during the race of which I/my ward is a part of. I acknowledge and understand all such photography and videography is a property of the organizers, and can be used for such legitimate business purposes they deem fit at their discretion. I hereby waive any and all rights and claims to such videography and photography that I/my ward is a part of and consequently I shall have no claim of whatever nature against the organizers in this regard.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
NIKE OUTRUN AT MOOD INDIGO 2013 - NIKE INDIA'S FIRST AFTER DARK 4K COLLEGE RACE
Date: 21st December, 2013
Start Time: 6:10 pm
Venue: IIT BOMBAY CAMPUS
Gates Open from 4.30pm to 5:30pm
PRE-RACE AND REGISTRATION
1. An entry will be considered valid only if the participant fills out the complete registration form, has a valid college ID and collects his/her Nike Race Day Bib and Nike Timing Chip at the Nike Registration Counter.
2. Nike will provide every participant with the Nike Race Day Bib and a Nike Timing Chip to compete in the race. On completing the registration process, every participant will receive details on the Nike Race Day Bib and Nike Timing Chip collection.
3. You can collect your Nike Race Day Bib and the Nike Timing Chip at the Nike Registration Counter located at the IIT BOMBAY CAMPUS between 10am to 6pm on December 17th and 20th 2013. Each participant must carry their valid college ID and a copy of their e-mail verification in order to collect the same.
4. Please do not send in more than one entry per person. Duplicate applications for a single individual will be rejected.
5. Participants are allowed to register for other participants provided:
a. The other participant is from the same college
b. They carry the valid College ID of the other participant for collection of the Nike Race Day Bib and Nike Timing Chip.
6. Before sending in applications, please ensure that all mandatory information has been completed. Any discrepancy will lead to rejection of the application.
7. Confirmed participant's identity and proof of residence may be verified by a verification agency hired for validating the details provided in the form
RACE-DAY AND PARTICIPATION
1. Participation in Nike Outrun - The 4K College Race is open for College Students between the ages of 16 to 25.
2. Each participant will be allotted a holding area before the start of the race. All participants must be in their respective holding areas before the start of the race and need to make their way to the start line, as per the race organizers instructions
3. The participant is required to wear the Nike Race Day Bib on Race day in order to enter the holding area and participate in the race. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
4. All Participants need to carry their valid College ID on Race Day without which he /she will not be permitted to be a part of the race.
5. Participants need to attach the Nike Timing Chip to their shoe lace before the race starts to be able to record individual race times. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. There will be timing mats at the Start gantry, en-route at the mid-point and at the End Gantry for timing to be recorded.
7. Participants must complete the entire race route on-foot and ensure that each timing mat is crossed in order to complete the race.
8. Race marshals have the authority to pull anyone out of the course for whatever reason they deem necessary
9. The decision of the organizers will be final and binding
10. Runners to run the race in shoes, sandals / chappals are not allowed
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND RACE ETIQUETTE
1. Race timings and winners are based on the NET TIME using the timing chip system, hence an early start does not necessarily mean a better start time or higher chance of winning. Each individual’s race time is tracked separately and thus starting first or last does not necessarily impact your overall result.
2. Some segments of the route will be divided, please run along the demarcated route and avoid running into the path of the oncoming runners
3. If you encounter problems along the race route, please approach our Race Marshalls for assistance
4. If you would like to stop and enjoy the en-route facilities / entertainment, please keep to the side and avoid holding up other runners.
5. There will be directional signage and markers along the race route to guide you
6. If for some reason you need to stop along the route, please move out of the group and to the side before doing so. This is necessary to prevent other runners from colliding into you
7. If you're feeling unwell on the event day, please refrain from participating in the race
8. Participants are advised not to drink too much water an hour prior to the race
9. Water will be provided before the race at the Holding area and there will be additional water counters along the race route.
10. An ambulance will be stationed at the race venue in case of any emergency
11. To make the most of your run, you’re strictly advised to wear shorts / tracks and tees.
12. By participating in the event each participant waives all claims of whatsoever nature against any and all sponsors of the/any event including Nike, Mumbai city, all political entities, authorities and officials, all contractors and construction firm working on or near the course, all NIKE OUTRUN committee person, officials, volunteers, Wizcraft International Entertainment (P) Limited and all other person and entities associated with the event and the directors, employees, agents and representatives of all or any of the aforementioned including, but not limited to, any claims, costs, demands or expenses of whatever nature that might result from participating in the event and whether on account illness, injury, death or otherwise.
1. Baggage counters will be provided at the entrance of the holding area and will be open from 4pm to 5:30pm
2. The Same Baggage Counter will then be shifted to the NCC Grounds where the Race Ends and will be open from 6:15pm to 10:15pm
3. Participants are requested to carry minimum baggage to the venue
4. The organizers have the right to reject or refuse to accept any baggage for deposit, for safety reasons
5. Participants will need to deposit their belongings at the baggage counter
6. Baggage Tags will be handed over against the belongings which will need to be produced at the counter at the time of baggage collection
7. Participants are requested to refrain from carrying valuables to the race. Organizers will not be responsible for the loss of any valuables or baggage lost at the venue